Don't click or respond to the following:
- If the message does not appear authentic, it probably isn't.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it is.
- Do the content of the message appear in search engine results?
- If you hover your mouse over the link does your browser or security software silently scream at you?
- Seeing silly typos, formatting, or grammatical errors a professional would not make.
- If the message asks you to send your information to them, rather than the other way around.
- If you don't have an account with the company supposedly sending the email!
Here are some useful links: